Spring Makes.



Spring is one of my favourite seasons and one that I get lots of inspiration from. This year it feels later because of all the snow (and they keep saying we may have a white Easter!) but signs of life are appearing in the garden. My mind has now turned to lighter and brighter makes, flowers and pastels. I love my studio in the garden and I find that what's around me finds it's way into my designs (like the pyrography sign above!). Pyrography is a technique where you burn the design into wood using a special tool. I have been using this method for pieces like the one above as well as door hangers and ornaments

Another favourite subject is hedgehogs. You will find them all over my store as jewellery and stationery, but I though I would show you something a little different. This illustrated art work is also created using pyrography. With this item I once again been inspired by nature and have included lots of quirky organic forms. To accentuate the details I added a lovely soft and fresh green. 

I like to experiment with lots of different techniques and although pyrography along with shrink plastic and felting are still my faves, I always like to try new things. Is there any new craft or art form that you would like to try out? I'd love to know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet The Maker!

#smallandmightystories

Join the Slumbermonkey Mailing List